Saturday, November 29, 2008

bite-sized pieces?

maybe i wouldn't get so overwhelmed so quickly if i just shot for a few perfect moments each day.  you know, like reading thousands of pages per semester in college oh so many years ago--you couldn't possibly read every page, so you have to learn how to choose the ones that really matter.  well maybe you could read every page, but i couldn't. 

and here's another question.  what keeps me from having my perfect days?  is it the getting started right that matters? or getting a second wind in the middle of the day? or just finishing better? 

what are the things that really matter to you make your days go well?

3 comments:

Hot Diggity Daws said...

I do my best to emotionally connect to Perfectness by soaking up the amazing moments. The extra long snuggle with Lincoln at 8am, while Griffin continues to slumber!

Your "Snow" experience with Lu taught me to get my camera when Griffin spreads rice krispies, paper towels, and lucky charms all over the floor!

Okay, okay I will try to create the truly perfect day on Monday. It may sound like procrastination, but it is too late to start the day with exercise at 11pm, so I will settle for reading my book!

Love ya friend and Sis!! Wen

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Hey, where did your family blog go? I know I tried like 4 times to post a comment with no success... but Poof now it is gone! :)

The G's said...

Well, I'm crafting an email to you as otherwise this would turn from a comment into a novel. I need to hear your talk from church. I'm doing some serious praying and I'd LOVE to discuss this concept with you sometime...we may end up just agreeing to disagree, but that's why I love you--we can have different opinions and still fellowship. I just want you to know that you are one of the most perfect expressions of Christ's love that I have encountered. You are so loving--an amazing mom, a dedicated wife and a spectacular friend. You are such a blessing to everyone you encounter (yes, even when you're unshowered and "crabby"). You inspire me to be a better person and to seek Christ more deeply. You are real, even with what you feel are your shortcomings--that is so rare among "religious" people and a breath of fresh air. And God is working through you in a mighty way. I hope you realize that. We at apt #1208 all appreciate you more than words can express. All of us...even Jonas. :)